- About PCIC
- Data Portal
- Analysis Tools
You are here
Lead, Regional Climate Impacts
Trevor Murdock is a climate scientist with an undergraduate degree in Physics and Astronomy Co-op from the University of Victoria (1995) and a MSc in Earth and Ocean Sciences from the University of Victoria (1997). Trevor currently leads the Regional Climate Impacts Theme at PCIC.
For the past 20 years, he has worked on applications of climate research to assist decision-making and planning. Trevor’s work has focused on climate scenarios and online mapping tools, downscaling to high resolution, analysis of historical climate data and improvement of seasonal climate predictions.
His current interests include: use of climate projections at the community level, impacts of climate change on biodiversity, and analysis of results from regional climate models and other forms of downscaling.
- MSc Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Victoria
- BSc Physics, Honours Co-op with Distinction, University of Victoria
Bürger, G., T.Q. Murdock, A.T. Werner, S.R. Sobie, 2012: Downscaling Extremes - An Intercomparison of Multiple Statistical Methods for Present Climate, Journal of Climate, 25, 4366-4388 doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00408.1.
Picketts, I.M, T.Q. Murdock, 2012: Using climate models to inform community adaptation in BC, Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions Briefing Note 2012-39.
Picketts, I.M., A.T. Werner, T.Q. Murdock, J. Curry, S.J. Dery, D. Dyer, 2012: Planning for climate change adaptation: lessons learned from a community-based workshop. Journal of Environmental Science and Policy, 17. 82-93.
Wang, T., A. Hamann, D. L. Spittlehouse, and T. Q. Murdock, 2012: ClimateWNA—High-Resolution Spatial Climate Data for Western North America. Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology, 51, 16–29, doi:10.1175/JAMC-D-11-043.1.
Murdock, T.Q. and F.W. Zwiers, 2012: Regional Climate Impacts, Research Plan for 2012 – 2016, Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium.
Murdock, T.Q., 2012: Climate Impacts Science for Adaptation, Journal of Climate Impacts and Adaptation Science, 1, 197-211.
Murdock, T.Q., D.S. Spittlehouse, 2011: Selecting and using climate change scenarios for British Columbia, Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium.
Lane, O., S. Cohen, T.Q. Murdock, 2011: Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation in the Canadian Columbia River Basin: A Literature Review, University of British Columbia/Environment Canada.
Murdock, T.Q., A.T. Werner, 2011: Canadian Columbia Basin Climate Trends and Projections: 2007-2010 Update, Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium.
Moore, R.D., G. Jost, G.K.C. Clarke, F. Anslow, V. Radic, B. Menounos, R. Wheate, A.T. Werner, T.Q. Murdock, 2011: Glacier and Streamflow Response to Future Climate Scenarios, Mica Basin, British Columbia, Final Report Prepared for BC Hydro.
Murdock, T.Q. 2010: Box 4 in B. Locatelli, Ch. 2 in Future of Forests: Responding to Global Changes, Future Forests – Responding to Global Changes. International Union of Forest Research Organizations.
Werner, A, H. Jaswal, and T.Q. Murdock, 2009: Climate Change in Dawson City, YT: Summary of Past Trends and Future Projections. Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium Report, 40 pp.
Picketts, I. A. Werner, and T.Q. Murdock, 2009: Climate Change in Prince George: Summary of Past Trends and Future Projections. Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium Report, 48 pp.
Murdock, T.Q. and A. Flower, 2009: Final Technical Report Forest Science Program Project # Y093061: Development and analysis of forest health databases, models, and economic impacts for BC: Spruce bark beetle & spruce; western spruce budworm and Douglas fir. Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium Report, 43 pp.
Abeysirigunawardena, D.S., E. Gilleland, and T.Q. Murdock, Influence of climate variability and change on extreme total water levels in the south coast of British Columbia (Pt. Atkinson), submitted to J. Geophys. Rev. - Oceans, 45 pp.
- Dawson, R., A. Werner, and T.Q. Murdock, 2008: Cariboo-Chilcotin: Climate change analysis suggests future work needed to assess vulnerabilities, LINK Fall 2008 Vol 10 Issue 3, FORREX.
- Flower, A., and T.Q. Murdock, 2008: Symposium addresses science of researching forest pests, climate change, LINK Fall 2008 Vol 10 Issue 3, FORREX.
- Dawson, R. A. Werner, and T.Q. Murdock, 2008: Preliminary Analysis of Climate Change in the Cariboo-Chilcotin Area of British Columbia. Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium Report, 49 pp.
- Pike, R.G., D.L. Spittlehouse, K.E. Bennett, V.N. Egginton, P.J. Tschaplinski, T.Q. Murdock and A.T. Werner, 2008. Climate Change and Watershed Hydrology. Streamline Watershed Management Bulletin. Vol 11. No 2.
- Pike, R.G., D.L. Spittlehouse, K.E. Bennett, V.N. Egginton, P.J. Tschaplinski, T.Q. Murdock and A.T. Werner, 2008: A Summary of Climate Change Effects on Watershed Hydrology. Ministry of Forests and Range Extension Note.
- C. Abbott, K.E. Bennett, K. Campbell, T.Q. Murdock, H.S. Swain, 2008: Forest Pest and Climate Change Symposium: Forest Science Program project report, 13 pp.
- Werner, A.T. and T.Q. Murdock, 2008: Summary Report: Changes in Past Hydro- climatology and Projected Future Change for the City of Whitehorse, Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium report, 23 pp.
- Murdock, T.Q., K. Bennett and J. Runnells, Chapter 8: British Columbia, Section 2: Indicators of Climate Variability and Change in Lemmen, D.S.,Warren, F.J., Lacroix, J., and Bush, E., editors, 2008: From Impacts to Adaptation: Canada in a Changing Climate 2007; Government of Canada, 448 p.
- Rodenhuis, D.R., K.E. Bennett, A.T. Werner, T.Q. Murdock, and D. Bronaugh, 2007: Hydro-climatology and future climate impacts in British Columbia, Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium report, 131 pp.
- Rodenhuis, D.R., A.T. Werner, K.E. Bennett, T.Q. Murdock, 2007: Research Plan for Hydrologic Impacts: Program Definition (2007 – 2010), Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium report, 34 pp.
- Rodenhuis, D.R. and T.Q. Murdock, 2007: Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium: Themes and Products, Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium report, 10 pp.
- Murdock, T.Q., R.J. Lee and D.R. Rodenhuis, 2007: Regional empirical seasonal climate prediction in Western Canada, Proc. 5th Climate Prediction Science Workshop, University of Washington, 13 pp.
- Murdock, T.Q., A.T. Werner and D. Bronaugh, 2007: Preliminary analysis of BC climate trends for biodiversity, Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium report, 24 pp.
- Murdock, T.Q., K.E. Bennett and A.T. Werner, 2007: GVRD historical and future rainfall analysis update, Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium report, 52 pp.
- Murdock, T.Q., J. Fraser and C. Pearce (editors), 2007: Preliminary analysis of climate variability and change in the Canadian Columbia River Basin: Focus on water resources, Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium report, 57 pp.
- Murdock, T.Q. and K.E. Bennett, 2007, Appendix in K. Sandiford and M. Westlake, Preparing for change: Managing climate change risks in the Atlin area, Northern Climate ExChange report, 32 pp.
- Sandford, R., Murdock, T.Q., C. Pearce and K. Gosal, 2006: Climate change in the Canadian Columbia Basin: Starting the dialogue, Columbia Basin Trust report, 19 pp.
- Murdock, T.Q., 2005: Climate model scenarios for impacts on forestry, popular summary, in Science Forum Proceedings: Forests and Natural Resources in the 21st Century, BC Journal of Ecosystems and Management, 6 (2).
- Murdock, T.Q., 2005: Climate model scenarios, in Columbia Mountains Institute of Applied Ecology Proceedings: Implications of Climate Change in British Columbia’s Southern Interior forests.
- Murdock, T.Q., R.J. Lee, E. Barrow, F. Zwiers, and I. Rutherford, 2001: Methodology and Technical Report for Scenarios of the Climate Severity Index, Canadian Institute for Climate Studies report, 69 pp.
- Murdock, T.Q., and R.J. Lee, 2000: Carbon - the heart of climate change, Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society Bulletin, 28 (1), 7-8.
- Lee, R.J., T.Q. Murdock, and R. Davidson, 1999, Extreme Precipitation Episodes at Hartland Landfill Site, Canadian Institute for Climate Studies report, 22 pp.
- Lee, R.J., and T.Q. Murdock, 1998, Alfalfa Crop Yield Model, Canadian Institute for Climate Studies report, 132 pp.
- Murdock, T.Q., A.J. Weaver, and A.F. Fanning, 1997: Paleoclimatic response of the closing of the Isthmus of Panama in a coupled ocean-atmosphere model, Geophysical Research Letters, 24, 253-256.
- Barnes, J.A., T.E. Gough, T.Q. Murdock, and M. Stoer, 1995: Absolute intensities in photo-acoustic spectroscopy, Review of Scientific Instruments, 67, F '96, 371-374.