- About PCIC
- Data Portal
- Analysis Tools
You are here
Christian's research is about the dynamics of coastal storms, how well they are reproduced by climate models, and how they are projected to change in the future. He joined PCIC in Sep 2013, when he started working as a post-doctoral research fellow for the Marine Environmental Observation Prediction and Response Network (MEOPAR). Christian is also an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the School of Earth and Ocean Sciences at the University of Victoria where he teaches an introductory course on climate physics (EOS491/562A). To find out more, please visit his personal website (http://cseiler.bitbucket.org).
- PhD, Earth System Science, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- MSc, Earth System Science, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- BSc, International Forest Ecosystem Management, University of Eberswalde, Germany
- Rezaee S, Seiler C, Pelot R, Ghasemi A (2016) Will commercial fishing be a safe occupation in future? A framework to quantify future fishing risks due to climate change scenarios. Weather and Climate Extremes 13 (2016): 73-85.
- Seiler C, Zwiers FW (2016a). How well do CMIP5 climate models reproduce explosive cyclones in the extratropics of the Northern Hemisphere? Climate Dynamics 46 (3-4), 1241–1256.
- Seiler C, Zwiers FW (2016b). How will climate change affect explosive cyclones in the extratropics of the Northern Hemisphere? Climate Dynamics 46 (11), 3633–3644.
- Seiler C, Hutjes RWA, Kruijt B, Hickler T (2015) The sensitivity of wet and dry tropical forests to climate change in Bolivia, Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, 120 (3), 399–413.
- Seiler C, Hutjes RWA, Kruijt B, Quispe J, Añez S, Arora VK, Melton JR, Hickler T, and Kabat P (2014) Modeling forest dynamics along climate gradients in Bolivia. Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, 119 (5), 758–775.
- Seiler C, Hutjes RWA, and Kabat P (2013) Likely Ranges of Climate Change in Bolivia, Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology, 52 (6), 1303–1317.
- Seiler C, Hutjes RWA, and Kabat P (2013) Climate Variability and Trends in Bolivia, Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology, 52 (1), 130–146.
- Seiler C, Moene AF (2011) Estimating Actual Evapotranspiration from Satellite and Meteorological Data in Central Bolivia. Earth Interactions, 15, 1–24.
- Rios-Uzeda B, Larrea-Alcázar DM, Seiler C, Cuellar S, Espinoza S (2011) Posibles escenarios de cambios climáticos en Bolivia: una comparación entre tres modelos de circulación climática y dos escenarios propuestos por el IPCC. Rev. Bol. Ecol. y Cons. Amb. 29: 73-82.